Bring your students to the Oregon Zoo for an outdoor adventure that will ignite their imagination and build on classroom learning. The information on this page is designed to make the best experiences for you, your chaperones, and your students. Scheduling a program after July 1, 2013? Check back on June 1 for updated price and reservation information.
How to Reserve Your Field Trip
Follow the steps below to schedule your field trip experience. If you have questions, please contact 503-226-1567 for further assistance or view our FAQs.
Step 1: Meet the criteria
Ensure that your group meets our school group rate criteria and qualifies for our school group rate.
Step 2: Choose a date for your visit
The zoo is open every day, except Christmas. Field trips are welcome during regular zoo hours.
Step 3: Enhance your visit by selecting a Zoo School class.
These grade-specific, themed animal presentations offer kids hands-on learning experiences while addressing core academic standards.
Step 4: Decide if you will be eating lunch at the zoo.
Step 5: Purchase admission and lunch tickets.
Use one of the following payment methods:
- CREDIT CARD: Purchase tickets now with a credit card.
- PURCHASE ORDER: Print and complete the advance ticket order form. Mail or fax it with your school purchase order to:
- You will be invoiced for the PO in a few weeks. Do not send payment until you receive the invoice.
- CHECK: Mail your check with completed Advance Ticket Order Form to:
- Remember to allow extra time when using the mail.
- Note: Both the order form and purchase order or check must be received at the same time.
Step 6: Receive tickets
Our Admissions Office will mail your tickets and a Field Trip Information Guide within two weeks from the date of order to the address indicated on your advance ticket order form.
Step 7: Read your Field Trip Information Guide
Complete the checklist prior to your field trip date.
Step 8: Choose a fun age-appropriate chaperone activity guide.
These fun-filled guides are a great way to enhance your students' experience at the Zoo. Use the map included in each guide to chart your Zoo adventure.
- Colors and Shapes – Pre K – 1st
- Fur, Feathers and Scales – 1st – 2nd
- Adaptations – 3rd – 5th
- Zooventures for Schools – Pre K – 5th
Step 9: Print and distribute important information for bus drivers.
Step 10: Enjoy your field trip, and complete this survey.