Explore all the projects and see what we've accomplished together during the celebration weekend.
The Oregon Zoo is a world leader in many areas, but what we’re most proud of is the support of our community. In 2008, in the middle of a severe economic recession, this community voted for a bond measure to improve animal welfare and sustainability. And then private donors, corporations and foundations added even more funds to make sure the work we were doing would be the best in the world.
The spaces we created together are making a difference in the lives of animals here at our zoo, and the impact is felt around the world.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, take a self-guided tour, listen to music and enjoy the new spaces:
- Veterinary Medical Center, completed 2012
- Penguinarium filtration system, completed 2012
- Condors of the Columbia, completed 2014
- Elephant Lands, completed 2015
- Education Center, completed 2017
- Primate Forest, completed 2020
- Rhino Ridge, completed 2021
- Polar Passage, completed 2021
Live music at Turtle Terrace, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 7 - Robert Meade
- Friday, Oct. 8 - Jason Moore Experience
- Saturday, Oct. 9 - Red Light Romeos
- Sunday, Oct. 10 - Tezeta Band
Nearly half of the zoo has been transformed, but there is still work to do. Stop by the Oregon Zoo Foundation booth at Elephant Plaza to help envision the future of your zoo, and enter to win fun prizes.
Free with zoo admission. Timed-entry tickets must be reserved in advance. Masks are required for entry.